Parish Council - Official Website
Minutes of the meeting held in the Old Village Hall on September 14th 2004
Cllr Mrs E Cansdale – Chairman Cllr H Richards
Cllr Mrs U Ainscough Cllr Mrs B Swain
Cllr M Conway Cllr P Whapham
Cllr Mrs J Ashcroft
Apologies for absence, Cllr Mrs R Ashton, Cllr R Brown, Cllr Mrs G Scott, Cllr J Rymer-Jones and the Clerk
In the absence of the Clerk Cllr Mrs Ashcroft took the minutes and the Clerk subsequently typed them.
Two parishioners were present.
1 There were no alterations to members Register of Interests.
2 Comments raised by parishioners present,
· Mrs Marshall reminded the Council that the next village litter collection would be in October.
· She also advised that a great deal of rubbish is being dumped by the five bar gate in Weavers Wood which is stopping the gate closing. The excess is now being left at the back of residents gardens. A letter will be sent to the offending parishioner and if this has no effect the Borough Council will be notified.
3 The minutes of the meeting held on August 10th were approved.
4 As regards the minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting held on August 25th 2004 (section c) Cllr Conway advised the figure mentioned was £65,000 and he would like this amended. This was agreed.
5 Matters arising,
· Youth Club. Three extra people will be helping this week. It was noted that the Church has kindly offered to sponsor a qualified Youth Leader.
· Speed signs. Cllr Conway reported that we have been successful in obtaining a grant of £250 towards the purchase of a speed gun. He then proposed that the Council pay the balance of about £50 to allow the purchase to go ahead. Cllr Whapham seconded the proposal and it was agreed by the Council.
· Council newsletter – nothing to report this month.
· Village Gateways. There is some doubt as to whether planning permission is required for Gateways. Further enquiries are in hand by Cllr Conway.
· At the last Police meeting in Cranbrook it was advised that some area boundary changes may affect Biddenden. Results awaited.
6 Reports from lead councillors,
· Cllr Richards reminded the Council of the Village Picnic on September 17th. The Cadets were being asked if they could assist.
· Cllr Mrs Swain reported on the RoSPA inspection of the childrens play area in the Gordon Jones Field. She was pleased to say there were no major problems, just general maintenance that would be put in hand.
· It was decided that RoSPA be asked for a quote for checking the Millennium Field and Jubilee Meadow.
7 Parish Plan.
Mr Greensted presented the Questionnaire results and advised that the parishioners major concern was for speed calming in the village. There will be village Open Meetings on November 8th and 13th so parishioners can look at the results and discuss matters arising.
Each household will be issued with all the information obtained from the questionnaire.
It was suggested that Cllrs Conway and Richards join Mr Greensted to draw up the Parish Plan. Cllr N Bell would also be invited to the discussions.
Cllr Conway thanked Mr Greensted and his helpers on behalf of the Parish Council for all the hard work in producing the current report.
11 Matters for future consideration,
12 Next meeting – October 12th 2004
Minutes taken by Cllr Mrs Ashcroft. September 19th 2004
Decisions received from Ashford Borough Council:
04/00483 Chestnut Stables, Woolpack Corner. Application for Lawful Development Certificate – use of former outbuilding as a separate residential development.
04/01079 Standen Barn, Smarden Road. Single storey extension and glazed link.
04/01106 16 High Street. Interior repairs etc. Consent granted.
04/01145 3 Church Cottages, High St. Installation of a skylight. Consent granted.
The following were considered by the Planning Group and at the extraordinary meeting of the council on August 25th
04/00111 33 The Meadows. Reduce spread and height of oak tree. Object.
04/01321 Pinnock Farm, High Halden Rd. Replacement outbuildings. No objections.
04/01343 9 Glebelands, Biddenden. Patio/Deck (Retrospective) No objections.
04/01380 Car parking are by 20 The Meadows. Support but request concrete block surface with ability for grass growth.
04/01414 Rogers Hill, Cranbrook Rd. First floor extension. No objections.
04/01443 Townland Farm, Townland Close.Proposed dwelling. No objections.
04/01497 Whitfield Farm, High Halden Rd. Reinstate oak windows to west elevation also gable and windows to south elevation. No objections.
04/01568 Thousand Acres, High Halden Road. Revised location for previously consented new building and removal of smaller building. No objections.
The Council approved the following payments at its meeting on September 14th 2004
£269.14 J Mannouch, Lengthsman, Wages
£412.55 G Smith, Clerk, Salary
£41.00 Chairmans phone calls 1st March to 30th June
£101.64 RoSPA Annual safety inspection of Playground
£11.34 Staples, Stationery
£100.00 A J Sowery, Mowing services
The following money has been received,
£20.00 from Tenterden Tigers for removal of excess refuse sacks.
£1700 From KCC for Youth Club equipment